About This Site

Hello and welcome!



I have two wonderful children that we adopted from India through international adoptions. My husband and I are currently exploring options to add a third child to our family through domestic adoption. I find that when I am doing all of the calling, online searching, emailing, and researching that it gets confusing and overwhelming. Over the years I have developed a number of forms to use to help me when I am researching and I wanted to share them, so I started this blog.



I am intending to add more forms as I can, so I hope to see you here again soon.



Thanks for stopping by. I hope you find something you can use!



Stephenie

Monday, March 8, 2010

Asking Questions of the Agency's References

Just as you will be expected to provide character references to your agency, your agency should also be willing to provide their own references that you can speak with. When choosing your own references you will choose people who like you and will say that you are (will be) a wonderful parent. In the same way, the agency references are most likely people who have had a successful experience with the agency and will say good things about them. It is still a good idea to speak with these references. Remember to be courteous when asking questions, but your references will be expecting most of these questions and understand why you need to ask them. Most people do not agree to be a reference for an agency if they do not wish to answer the types of questions prospective adoptive parents will ask.







Download Questions for Agency Reference

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

I am a 36 year old Christian wife and mother through the wonderful blessing of adoption. Please contact me at: 1samuelmama@gmail.com